Cathedral section at Box caves.

Dray

Hi peeps. I've just started back into caving after a long stint doing other stuff and I'm really interested in checking out the caves in Box. Is anyone around this weekend and fancy a trip, especially to the cathedral section? Cheers

Yes I know them well.

I have a trip with some bell ringers on Sunday, I think to be honest the group is large enough. If it's just a quick visit to cathedral that could be done late afternoon something like 3pm not sure how long the campanologists are going to take.

Free Sat afternoon onwards. A small group is best.

Posted on the move via Tapatalk.

Dray

Hi there. Thank you for your message and offer of caving. Saturday afternoon would be great for me. I'm hoping my brighter and better head lamp will turn up before this afternoon but I have another one I can use just in case. What time are you available from? Mid afternoon is good for me. My number is 07988880254. Cheers and hopefully see you later.

Dray said:
Hi peeps. I've just started back into caving after a long stint doing other stuff and I'm really interested in checking out the caves in Box. Is anyone around this weekend and fancy a trip, especially to the cathedral section? Cheers
Ok let's arrange something maybe a few others from here want to join in. I have next weekend free or a late evening.

Dray

Hi fella

No worries. I went to Box this morning with a friend, bought some maps, got the the key from the pub and ventured into the mines. We managed to navigate our way to the Cathedral and just basically had a bimble around. I am defo going back and would like to find/see some other points of interest within the mine. My new Fenix HL 55 worked a treat and gave a really good light.

It would be great if we could get a small group from here and take a trip down the mine. I have my son next weekend but I will probably be going back either the 24th (my birthday) or 25th. I think I may have seen you this morning with a group of people, I have a white VW T5.

Hopefully we can get a group together and see you soon.

Dray

Lol how odd is that yes I was taking a group of bell ringers down. The Craines in thr northern section are worth visiting.