Caving on children's TV

mikem

Fireman Sam, Series 4 - Twist of Fate

! No longer available
Fun with the friendly fireman. When Station Officer Steele takes Norman and Mandy pot-holing the rest of the crew look forward to a restful afternoon.
However, the peace is soon shattered when Station Officer Steele finds himself in a tight spot and blocking the only way out.
Luckily when the ever hungry Dusty gets a whiff of Norman's packed lunch he is more than happy to lead Sam straight to the trapped treasure hunters. Penny's grease gun is just the thing to free Officer Steele!

Balamory series 4, episode 156 Fingal's Cave (from 8 min).

! No longer available
Archie is keen to go caving with Miss Hoolie, but does he know what he is doing?

Mike

The Old Ruminator

My three year old grandson loves Fireman Sam. He has been " caving " in Mammoth Cave Western Australia and knows what Grandad does as he sees my muddy kit. Perhaps more of this and less stupid cave " monster " films will make younger folk appreciate the underground rather than fear it. Mind you S.O. Steele did get stuck.

rhychydwr1

Balamory series 4, episode 156 Fingal's Cave

A bit long winded.  Start at 15.20 and finish at 16.42 for the cave.

Also the sound kept on dropping out.

I looked up Balamory on the map.  It does not exist, have they confused it with Tobermory?

When I went to Fingals' Cave we took a helicopter from Glasgow air port. Only took half an hour. 

Only problem, the pilot refused to take the chopper into the cave.

glyders

rhychydwr1 said:
I looked up Balamory on the map.  It does not exist, have they confused it with Tobermory?
Balamory is a fictional village based on (and filmed in) Tobermory.

ZombieCake

Nice use of stal at 4:22 in the fireman Sam film!  Suppose it also suggests that the girthly challenged are in first and out last  ;)

JJ

Is Badlad holding back and not telling us something?  ::)

Just watched it - excellent, but slightly surprised to see who is credited as the lead animator!  :clap:

pwhole

More or less that exact scenario happened to me, John Beck and AR a couple of years ago in Moorfurlong. I'll spare the blushes of the chubby person who blocked us in, and luckily help was literally around the corner, so no biggie in the end - I don't think they even used a lubricant.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
JJ said:
Is Badlad holding back and not telling us something?  ::)

Just watched it - excellent, but slightly surprised to see who is credited as the lead animator!  :clap:

:LOL: If only I could draw.

Fiona

When did they change the theme song?
The one I know definitely doesn't mention the fire brigade being responsible for cave rescue. It's all about washing the truck.

aricooperdavis

rhychydwr1 said:
Balamory series 4, episode 156 Fingal's Cave

A bit long winded.  Start at 15.20 and finish at 16.42 for the cave.

Also the sound kept on dropping out.

When I went to Fingals' Cave we took a helicopter from Glasgow air port. Only took half an hour. 

Only problem, the pilot refused to take the chopper into the cave.

The sound dropping out is a funny one, I think it's probably something to stop it being hit by copyright claims and taken down.