British Caving Association Party Weekend

cavermark

I feel this is a reasonable question as the calendar has "BCA digfest" in June - is this the same as the party weekend? The "linked event" in the title bar is 2017 - or is this a typo?

mch

As I understand it, the party weekend is included in the digfest/AGM to be held this June in Mendip. The above dates are indeed 2017's event.

damian

Confirmed.

This year's event will be twinned with DigFest on Mendip.

Next year's will be at Castleton once again.

andrewmcleod

Any more information on this yet? Last BCA newsletter (January) says there will be more information in the next one, which does not appear to have happened yet.

(and the BCA 'News' page has links to the 2015 party weekend...)

robinw

I'm currently in the process of finalising the newsletter for publication.

For the AGM weekend there is bunkroom and camping accommodation on site (?10 Saturday night only or ?15 if you stay for both Friday & Saturday nights). Camping will be ?5 per tent. Speleo bar from 8pm Friday - Beer ?2.50 per pint. Plenty of activities daytime Saturday (or you could even go caving). Disco & bar Saturday evening. AGM itself 10.30am Sunday.       

hrock

Planning is well under way for this years BCA party weekend. But to help us out a bit if your on facebook (sinful though it is) could you take the time to mark your self as going or not on this event
https://www.facebook.com/events/1254616204657381/?ref=br_rs

this would be really helpfull so we can make shore we have enough beer and breakfast/dinner.  without a pre booking system it a bit of fun guessing numbers.

if you are coming don't forget your BCA card its not just for scraping the ice off your windscreen