Gargett Way, Church pot

Goydenman

Ralf, Joe and I pushed Gragett Way in Church pot. We emptied the very small chamber of flood debris and stones to make room for us all. Then enlarged the bedding ahead. Did not get far had problems but did manage to reach forward into the bedding and clear out further flood debris plus push aside cobbles to reveal 4-5m of passage ahead. Likely will have to enlarge at least half that to where it gets slightly larger. Having said that we decided it s a good dig for winter as there is access in all bit the worse of floods. For now we are thinking of returning to Frog pot while the good weather is here. Great having Joe part of the team. He took some photos so you might see one or two on the Black Sheep Diggers Facebook site soon.

Joe Parsons

543489_10150684838683040_509128039_9499479_1008488640_n.jpg

Joe Parsons

Right, so I can copy the image from facebook. This is Chris going down Church Pot, nothing too exciting, but thought I would use it to test out photo uploading.

Joe Parsons

544783_10150684839413040_509128039_9499490_1493962239_n.jpg

This is Ralf crawling back from the dig site.

525634_10150684839778040_509128039_9499496_1393483675_n.jpg

Chris head first down the dig. This becomes a too tight bedding but with an obvious way forward, cluttered with boulders and silt about 5 feet beyond the too tight area, so as Chris mentions, its promising, but difficult.

Joe Parsons

582784_10150684839933040_509128039_9499498_1620752225_n.jpg

This is a very poor picture I know, but the "channel" you can see in the centre is where Chris was lying in previous shot. You can also see where it becomes tight. I will have to play with the camera a bit more to find which settings work best!

Goydenman

TheBitterEnd said:
Keep up the good work  :clap:  Just wondering how far are you are towards the 10k dream?

Well to summarise Manchester and Goyden are connected (Eternal optimist) then there is gap between Goyden and Frog pot to link up yet. Frog pot is now connected to New Goyden pot (Dry Wath Bedding). In the gap between Frog and Goyden we have recentlly opened up new pot - Guscott Pot. Goscott will join with Frog the link is obvious with stream connection and about 50m separation but hard going both ends. Not sure if there will be link from Guscott to Goyden probably not direct. Now we have another team member we plan to go back to Frog and push that towards Goyden - easy dig nice 2m diameter phreatic tube full of sand/mud - but long way! Same tube is also seen in the roof of Goyden 3. Hope this makes sense if you have facebook access useful surveys are there on Black Sheep Diggers page.

TheBitterEnd

Thanks, despite feeling the scorn of Barrabus pouring down on me  ;)  I searched Facebook but didn't find you so I resorted Google and it turns out on facebook you need to search for Black-Sheep-Diggers  :confused:

Anyway thanks, some great stuff on the Facebook site.

barrabus

TheBitterEnd said:
Thanks, despite feeling the scorn of Barrabus pouring down on me  ;)  I searched Facebook but didn't find you so I resorted Google and it turns out on facebook you need to search for Black-Sheep-Diggers  :confused:

Anyway thanks, some great stuff on the Facebook site.

Funny that, I found the Facebook link with no problems (via our mutual friend Google), but it wanted me to sign in which was a bit of a problem as I'm not a member.

Joe, thanks for posting the photos on here.

Note: you can change the size of the photos to get rid of that annoying horizontal scroll bar and make the photos easily viewable by adding a width parameter like this -

Code:
[IMG]http://imagelink etc etc[/IMG]

543489_10150684838683040_509128039_9499479_1008488640_n.jpg

JasonC

@The Bitter End - you should find that bit of conveyor belt in Joe's 2nd picture familiar...
I seem to recall you 'exploring' that passage :)

TheBitterEnd

Nope, I'd probably be up for helping out but it's a bit too far for me to travel ... you need to work on JasonC  (y)

Goydenman

Well as it happens we were talking with Joe in the pub Thurs night and said that now we have three lets go back to DDD - starting next week as not possible this week. Team of four would be great and hopefully make good progress while good weather season is here.

Joe Parsons

Nope, I'd probably be up for helping out but it's a bit too far for me to travel

We were discussing travelling distances last week in the pub. We all fall into the 30-40 miles bracket. But its well worth it  :)