Caving in Fermanagh, three caves new ***VIDEO***

burrencrawler

Subpopulus Hibernia said:
Did ye shred the rope by using the deviation as a rebelay?
The rope got shredded because it got caught on a rock flake from the guy before me, I was shocked when i saw it, so i passed it as quickly as possible. Then Tim came up the rope so we pointed it out and he tied a knot in the frayed section for the next two lads.

Subpopulus Hibernia

Actually, watching it again I notice that ye seem to have dropped the first section directly off the tree down to the deviation. Tut tut. The actual route is to go down about 4m off the tree, swing into the rift on the right, traverse over a few metres where there's a solid Y hang. This drops down well out of the water and the deviation keeps the rope (just about) off the wall. This keeps the rope intact.

Shkybais

burrencrawler

Actually, watching it again I notice that ye seem to have dropped the first section directly off the tree down to the deviation. Tut tut. The actual route is to go down about 4m off the tree, swing into the rift on the right, traverse over a few metres where there's a solid Y hang. This drops down well out of the water and the deviation keeps the rope (just about) off the wall. This keeps the rope intact.

Shkybais

Well we looked around for a long time for hangers/p-bolts/permanents and no one could find any so we all agreed the description in the book for rigging this cave was SHIT. I like hanging off trees.

ianball11

Prods is my fave trip!  Bolts were there 6 years ago.  Maybe Artur wore them out turning it into a superlong system  ;)

Subpopulus Hibernia

burrencrawler said:
Well we looked around for a long time for hangers/p-bolts/permanents and no one could find any so we all agreed the description in the book for rigging this cave was SHIT. I like hanging off trees.

Yeah, they'd be hard to spot if you didn't known where to look for them. AFAIK it was only rebolted with permanents 4/5 years ago.

ianball11

Watched it all now, Id forgotten how big Noones was, rose tinted glasses thinking back to it.

Everyone loves a stay at the Hoo.

Really enjoyed the video.  (y)

ianball11

burrencrawler said:

Yeah, they'd be hard to spot if you didn't known where to look for them. AFAIK it was only rebolted with permanents 4/5 years ago.

Oops! just realised you were talking of PBBH not Prods!  :-[