CHECC Grand Prize - Best Cave Video 2016

Diglett

Best video on any aspect of caving. Post on this thread to enter. To be judged by 'Caver Keith' of The Dudley (Thanks, Keith (y)). Entries in by NOON, November 26th. One entry per Club, however don't forget to mention your Club! Winner 10 points, runner up 5 points.

Guidelines:

Videos should :

Have a story or include a narration of some kind or have an interesting theme.

Be a maximum of 10 minutes duration.

Please no videos shot with just a helmet cam.

Video will be judged on:
* The overall impression of the visual quality of the presentation
* Technical filming quality
* Post-production quality
* Aesthetic quality and audience retention
* Filming objectives achieved - intended or perceived

Alex

Open to all, or just CHECC clubs? Also does it matter if they have already featured on UKcaving already?

Diglett

The CHECC Grand Prize competition is open to Higher Education caving clubs only. Sorry for any confusion.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Alex said:
Open to all, or just CHECC clubs? Also does it matter if they have already featured on UKcaving already?

Hi Alex, next year I'll run a 'best video' competition, and no it won't matter if it's already appeared on UKC, cheers, Pegasus

Alex

Cool :) I best make sure I take some more shots, though I still have a way to go.

Luke

ULSA's Submissions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0zxkZdXB7vURUlja0llZUotaEk/view?usp=sharing

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Luke said:
ULSA's Submissions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0zxkZdXB7vURUlja0llZUotaEk/view?usp=sharing

I can't get it to play - blummin technology  :blink:

CavingPig

Pegasus, what magic do you use (apart from deleting the s) to make youtube videos embed? I'm trying for another post and just CANNOT make it work! :( piggy trotters don't seem very compatible with computer technology...

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Is it on Youtube??  If so, post a link and I'll see what I can do - or maybe another Mod who is better at technology than me (won't be difficult) will help  :)

CavingPig

I've just posted it under Sporting Trips in the UK (it's not our entry to the video competition!) - thank you in advance!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, can't see it - I hate blummin technology - if you have a youtube link it will help Pegasus the Luddite out, however mostly you need to ensure 'CaverLKeith' can view it  ;)

msmiffyyy

Here's Southampton University Caving Club's entry.
We made a sort of mockumentary sitcom about a typical day of SUCC caving.
We hope you enjoy watching it as much as we did making it!

Warning: contains scenes of strong boozing and one instance of mild to moderate caving.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0-bML6-JplRHBNcFlDTkJjWE0/view?usp=sharing

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Pegasus said:
Nope, can't see it - I hate blummin technology - if you have a youtube link it will help Pegasus the Luddite out, however mostly you need to ensure 'CaverLKeith' can view it  ;)

Southampton - this applies to you too!