CHECC Grand Prize - ACC in Swildons short round

Aber decided to visit the Mendips over Bonfire Night weekend. Unsurprisingly Mendip club huts were full of people and plenty of fireworks (although as far as I'm aware 100% of fireworks were detonated outside...)
On the Saturday I had managed to convince current undergrads Deri and Adam they wanted to do the short round. None of us had actually done the route before (!) and there was only one wetsuit between the three of us but we had confidence, a survey and a memory of key places from a very helpful MCG video.
After rigging the 20 we had an impromptu visit to Barnes' Loop then up into Tristan's Temple.
The air was noticeably poor but not insurmountable. And then the ducks! As this was the first time I had ever worn a wetsuit they were bizarrely enjoyable. For Deri and Adam however this was not the case. Adam was seriously considering staying in the upper series forever rahter than do another dunking and then we reached the Landing which was glorious.
Went to see sump 2 (low) and then headed to Sump 1 (2-3 inches airspace). On the other side weas Oli with more ACC! Their trip is recorded in another thread. I joined to help out whilst Deri and Adam headed out to warm up (although today's photographic evidence suggests they would  probably have been fine)

An enjoyable trip, a step beyond the usual sump-return route for freshers - although there could be a queue during CHECC and I wouldn't fancy following a bilious student :D

Graigwen

I don't believe that can have been a real Aber Mendip trip as it does not mention scrumpy or pubs.

Well there certainly was plenty of both that weekend... I shall assume they damaged my memory enough to cause their omission.