Gaping Gill Poster from BPC

Tommy

Hello,

I am wanting to get a hold of another copy of a fine poster that was given out on the Bradford GG winch day last year. Nice orange glow and a silhouetted caver, captioned 'Gaping Gill Main Chamber' in the bottom left corner.

I've got a frame it fits into pretty well, only I made a hash of the first attempt at cutting and spray mounting so would like another go!

On that note, does anyone know someone that could cut some glass to fit the frame in the Sheffield area, the old sheet met an unfortunate end.

Thanks for your help,
One student trying to get some artwork up in his house.

braveduck

Oh dear, after spending years trying to get rid them by giving them away
we finally gave the last away last year,so we have non left ,so sorry Topimo . :(

Tommy

braveduck said:
Oh dear, after spending years trying to get rid them by giving them away
we finally gave the last away last year,so we have non left ,so sorry Topimo . :(

Well gosh darn and blast it. Glad you got them shifted :)

Hmm, I might see if I can save this one, It's just a bit bubbly as I glued it on badly.

If anyone has a spare rolled up in the back of a wardrobe, I'd happily give you some beer tokens for it ;).

Chocolate fireguard

If you do get another poster and decide not to risk a DIY job The Framery on Sharrow Vale Road will probably fit it into your frame.
That's according to my wife, who is an artist, has her own stuff framed there and used to work there 15 or 20 years ago.
She also suggested that you have it dry mounted rather than spray mounted.
She reckoned the price would be upwards of ?50, but her knowledge of the cost of large pieces of glass and dry mount board is well out of date.
The shop will cut glass to your size.

It seems the shop is considered a bit pricey by the local artists, but does a good job.

A probably cheaper place is about 100m along the road, going away from Hunters Bar. I don't know what it is called.

Tommy

Chocolate fireguard said:
If you do get another poster and decide not to risk a DIY job The Framery on Sharrow Vale Road will probably fit it into your frame.
That's according to my wife, who is an artist, has her own stuff framed there and used to work there 15 or 20 years ago.
She also suggested that you have it dry mounted rather than spray mounted.
She reckoned the price would be upwards of ?50, but her knowledge of the cost of large pieces of glass and dry mount board is well out of date.
The shop will cut glass to your size.

It seems the shop is considered a bit pricey by the local artists, but does a good job.

A probably cheaper place is about 100m along the road, going away from Hunters Bar. I don't know what it is called.

Thanks!

But given my student's income, for ?50 I'd look at cutting the glass myself and learning some skills, I know my dad's got kit from his mirror making days up in Cumbria. ?50 is nearly 2 months beer! Thanks though, I appreciate the local knowledge :).

The finished product couldn't be any worse than what I've currently got...

alastairgott

You could always get a photo of Titan Instead from Hitch and Hike, I believe still readily available. :)

Might be worth Considering if you didn't want a "botch job", sorry I meant "bad job"!
(Gott to be careful with surnames!)

ianball11

Do you know of a digital copy? I could print another if you can send it.  Not that I could print poster quality,  but if it's going behind glass might get away with it.

2xw

T

Can get one or two copies of this printed free via the usual SUSS channels should a high enough res copy be found (up to A1)

W

Tommy

2xw said:
T

Can get one or two copies of this printed free via the usual SUSS channels should a high enough res copy be found (up to A1)

W

(y) When DJ-reg and Botch get back I'll ask if they have their copies knocking about (I brought 3 down to Sheff).