Wotzit?

langcliffe

Here's a vaguely relevant autostereogram I stumbled across:

06.jpg

langcliffe

Fulk said:
What's an autostereogram?

If you stare at an autostereogram with your focus slightly in front or behind the image, you will eventually see a very convincing three dimensional image. See the  Wikipedia entry for further details.

Fulk

Aww, it's a caver crawling with his head turned towards the viewer. Thanks for the explanation, langcliffe. (By the way, are you an insomniac to be faffing with stuff like this at 4 am?)

langcliffe

Fulk said:
. (By the way, are you an insomniac to be faffing with stuff like this at 4 am?)

I currently have chest problems, which means that I need to get up every couple of hours to clear my airways. It's playing havoc with my sleeping patterns!

JasonC

Look at it and sort of let your eyes cross without trying too hard so it goes out of focus.  With luck, a shape starts to emerge out of the fuzz....

Definitely a lady :)

Brains

R click the pic and go to view image, that will show it on a black background, then look for your reflection in the black area just above the image, focus on the reflection of your face and the image should appear as a 3D image rendered in the same pebbledash effect as the plain picture
Alternatively hold a piece of plain cardboard edge on against your nose and look down both sides at the image. This should allow a stereo image to form

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
That person needs to eat a pie or two  ;)

Haven't seen one of these for years - anyone got anymore??

Maj

She's probably a little thin since she's been stuck underground a long time because she's lost her caving lamp.

Maj.

kay

Only way I knew to deal with those things was to cross my eyes, which always gives the image in reverse. So I tried this morning and got a block with a shape hollowed out of it, apparently some sort of creature but difficult to identify "inside out".

Read Langcliffe's post, tried focusing about an inch behind the screen, made my eyes water! But eventually it clicked, and I got the image as described - thanks, Langcliffe - I can now look forward to a future with autostereograms the right way round  (y)

langcliffe

Pegasus said:
Haven't seen one of these for years - anyone got anymore??
This one shows the interior of a cave, but not one that those unfamiliar with mind-bending substances will readily recognise. Note the Meta menardi on the roof:

stereogram-2.jpg