Wanted - Ruined Oversuit

MattDingley

Hello folks,

Looking to patch up an old cordura oversuit with a big big rip in it so wondered if anyone has an old ruined oversuit I could use for patches?

Can collect from Peak District area.

Thanks!

AR

How big is big? Just asking as I got a piece of black cordura for various projects a while back and might have enough spare to sort you a patch out.

MattDingley

It's quite large and the material has degraded around the tear so I'd need something about 30cm x 20cm to sort it out.

Where did you get the cordura? Is there a decent place online or locally to buy it as I expect this won't be the last repair I have . . .

alastairgott

Most good caving shops have some cordura knocking around for patching.

Hitch 'n Hike, springs to mind immediately if you want to stock up they might have some.

Otherwise try Caving Supplies.

If you draw blanks with both of those, then maybe try starless river when they're next in our neck of the woods (believe this maybe 12-13th Aug).

AR

My bit came off Ebay, there's usually plenty of offcuts available and chances are you can get the right colour for your suit.

zomjon

Hi Matt, apologies, first time I've opened this thread, I might well have an old, shrunken suit you can cut up, I will have a rummage in the shed.

MattDingley

Cheers Jon, that'd be perfect.

Thanks to everyone else for the helpful responses, some good ideas here.

Maybe I should complete the look with elbow patches.

cavemanmike

Hi matt
I use a glue called r.balls f30 seam sealer.
Fantastic glue that stays flexible.
Good luck 🍀

AR

While sorting out the garage loft today, I found a trashed horse rug that could provide a sizeable bit of green cordura, there's also a red one that's lost a strap and if SWMBO doesn't want to fix it maybe that could become patches.