Gaping Gill winch meet.

skippy

From this Saturday, the 19th August Craven Pothole Club will be holding its annual winch meet.
Visiting cavers are more than welcome to come over and use our ropes on the pre rigged entrances. All we ask is you call in at the booking in tent, say 'hi' and let us know where you're going...Please note, no winching on holiday Monday and the entrances will be de rigged on the last Sunday PM.
Cheers and see you up there.
17424631_746915585471099_3452758706710951525_n.jpg

VerticalAndy

I'm visiting from the United States (I cave with the Philadelphia Grotto), and although I've been to the Dales a few times, I have not been available when the winch is operational.  I can be in Ingleton this Saturday (19 August) and am looking to join any team  activities for the day (i.e., perhaps do Gaping Gill plus Bar Pot).  I have my own vertical gear and can provide references if required.  Does anyone know any teams who might be willing to include another person?

For a visit to Gaping Gill, where does one park?  Do most people suit up in the parking area?

Thank you,
Andrew

aricooperdavis

We park in the National Park car park in Clapham and walk up the hill before changing then stash clothes in the entrance - you boil otherwise! I know someone looking for a caving partner so i'll point him this way :)

Chocolate fireguard

skippy said:
From this Saturday, the 19th August Craven Pothole Club will be holding its annual winch meet.
Visiting cavers are more than welcome to come over and use our ropes on the pre rigged entrances.

Is there a list of those entrances?

Ian P

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing is set in stone.

Man power willing, it will be the usual ones.

Stream passage pot
Bar pot
Flood / wades
Marilyn
Dissapointment pot
Dihedral (not to be used during winching hours)
Corkies  (possibly)

Call at the booking in tent they will have an up to date list.
(You may even be able to "blag" a cup of tea !!)

Routes will start to get stripped on Sunday of the Bank holiday, so get there early and check.!!

Hope to see lots of cavers there.

Ian