Prizes for Trip Reports

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
PRIZES for TRIP REPORTS on ukCaving ? starting NOW!!
Two prizes, each of 50m of Spanset Gold 10.5mm SRT rope will be announced on 15th December 2014.

Prize one will be awarded for the most informative and well-presented trip report.

Prize two will be awarded for the most entertaining trip report.

All posts in ?trip reports? between now and midnight 14th December 2014 will be considered.

Winners to be chosen by Jane & Tim Allen (with help from forum members ? If you like a report please post to say so).

The 50m lengths of Spanset Gold will be bagged and shrink wrapped for protection and will include relevant product information.  Caver post will be the preferred method of dispatch to the lucky winners. 

A big thank you to Spanset Ltd from ukCaving.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Your trip reports in the club section are very good. Not many clubs use their areas these days.  However, we wanted to limit the prize to one section.  Any reports that you wish to be considered please also copy to 'trip reports'.  Thanks and good luck.

bagpuss

No probs, will do so if we have any between now and then. Great idea to have a comp. I find them really handy when others post reports as it's good to get an idea of what a cave is like before visiting.

martinm

hiya. do they have to be reports of recent trips or can they be a few years old, but equally interesting? Thanx. Mel.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
If it's a few years old, why not, better late than never.  As long as a report is posted within the dates stated in the OP then it'll be considered.  Go for it.

Antwan

Strangly enough I have prepared some pictures for a trip report last night before reading this  :LOL:

Fulk

I'm not quite sure how these trip report listings work ? the ones I've seen seem to be 'one-offs' rather than in a thread of their own. Could someone please enlighten me?

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Hellie, definitely cool - thank you!

Hi Antwan, excellent - I love cave photos  ;)

Good luck everyone....

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
The spirit behind these prizes is that they should encourage new trip reports.  So they could be on a memorable trip which you never got around to writing up yet, but please don't just re-post trip reports which have already appeared.  Cheers.

Tangent_tracker

Does it matter if it is a bit of a long one? I write my reports for non cavers in mind so there is probably quite a lot of detail, long winded you might say haha!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Tangent_tracker said:
Does it matter if it is a bit of a long one? I write my reports for non cavers in mind so there is probably quite a lot of detail, long winded you might say haha!

No problem - good luck!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Fulk,

Any caving trip, anywhere, anytime, however not previously written up on UK Caving.  To be posted in 'Trip Reports' before midnight 14th December 2014 - good luck!

bograt

Seems like this has sparked off some some excellent reports, I wouldn't like to be a judge, but thumbs up for a good initiative  (y) (y) (y)