Underground Britain TV Series

kdxn

Underground Britain, a six part series featuring Rob Bell has been produced by Lion Television Productions for broadcast on Channel 5.
http://www.rob-bell.me/Presenter_Profile/Home.html
http://www.liontv.com/London/Home

There will be six one hour episodes featuring man-made and natural underground features around the UK. Format should be four locations during each one hour episode.

The first is on Scotland and features Sculptor's Cave, a Hydroelectric station in Ben Cruachan and Scotland's longest cave to be shown Thursday 23 October at 8pm.

Second episode is on London, mostly man made features, Thursday 30 October at 8pm.

The details of the other four episodes have not yet been released but one should feature Gaping Gill and Ingleborough Cave. They were filming there for two days.

Chunks

Added to calendar on the phone to remind me, sounds like it could be interesting. Thanks for the heads up.  (y)

kdxn

Episode 3 to be broadcast first on Thursday 6th November at 8pm on Channel 5 should feature Gaping Gill, Ingleborough Cave, Cleveland Potash Mine, labyrinth of tunnels under Liverpool and in Stockport he explores the largest WWII air raid shelter.

Joe90

The five catch up thing wouldn't play anything but I found something called FilmOn television. That seems to work well, all channels from around the world and it plays just fine.  ;)

Rich West

Joe90
The link and player worked fine when I put it up. The link and player works everytime I click it. The link & player worked fine 2 minutes ago.

Joe90

I am, Yes.

I have it all sorted now with the FilmOn thing. Even managed to get it to record it for me, isn't that good!  :clap:

kdxn

Northern England will feature on Thursday 6th November. Should feature GG, Ingleborough Cave, Cleveland Potash Mine, tunnels under Liverpool, largest world war two air raid shelter in Stockport.

Wales will be broadcast on Thursday 13th November.
Features ".........largest natural cave system in Europe........" under the Brecon Beacons. Also features Chirk Castle dungeons, Ruthin Castle remains, Paviland Cave in Gower peninsula and going under Snowdonia.

Central England Thursday 20th November.
The longest man-made caves in Britain lie under Nottingham. 5000 year old mines in Norfolk. Spends time with the Mines Rescue Service and visits an underground den of debauchery in Bucks.

Episode 6 details for 27th November have yet to be released.

Mrs Trellis

Watched the Northern one on Thursday. Contribution by at least one poster on here.  Good filming but repetitive material - watched on catch up minus adverts.