Trip report winner

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Our trip report winner who receives 50m Spanset Gold SRT rope is announced..

Over the last two months I?ve been overwhelmed with the quality of writing and presentation of your trip reports and I hope you?ll continue to send them in for everyone to enjoy.  Many of the reports remind me of the fun and comradery which makes a caving trip so enjoyable, others are incredibly informative while a few give us an insight into the recesses of the explorer?s mind.  It has been incredibly difficult to pick just one winner and I only wish I had a dozen ropes to give away.  Anyway, I?m sure contributors are not in it just for the prizes but want to share their experiences with other like-minded people.

A big thank you to Caving Pig, Simon Beck, Chunky, CatM, MarkR, Scurve, AR, Wormy, Cap?n Chris, Gibbonda, Damo8604, Katie, Caving Fox, Alex, Owd Git, Zomjon and all the contributors.  I enjoyed them all.  A few special mentions;

Caving Pig ? Thanks for your last minute contributions, your new year near rescue was a great read.

Simon Beck ? a real treat to read about caving at this end of the spectrum, pushing yourself ?into the wild? Christopher Candless style ? wow!

CatM ? loved the description of a rarely visited pot, and your friend?s tree climbing of course ? did he ever get back down?

Wormy ? great to read about these caves in the outlying regions as most of us will never visit them.  Keep them coming.

Alex ? Albert hall revisited was the perfect complement to the previous trip report winner.  See you again soon?

MarkR and RachyD ? I loved all the tales from the Badger set but RachyD?s tale of ?Banging Below? was so close to being the winner.  More please.

Our winner submitted two trip reports and is therefore a deserving joint winner for both of them.  I suspect this person will see this as a win for the team and club, and so he should.  Some fine writing, a large dose of fun, great photographs and two videos to complement the stories.  For ?Eat, sleep, cave repeat ? the time of our lives in Daren Cilau? and ?Extreme caving ? the Burrington Combe triple? ? Chunky you are our winner.  Well done. ;)

A big thanks to Spanset for their ongoing support.

10923193_779417835466384_7554511619757767157_n.jpg

chunky

What do you mean team...without me they'd be nothing! ;)

Seriously though thank you tons.

Writing the trip reports up is great fun and having others read them, see the pic's, and watch video gives us a real kick..... the club will definitely make great use of some new rope!

Chunky