New BCA Council Member

Hi there. Against my better judgement I've been made an independent representative on the BCA council so I'll be representing independent and younger cavers for the BCA seeing as I'm also the youngest member on the council.

If you've never met me I'll give you a brief Bio of myself. I'm a Yorkshire caver based out of Leeds but have been caving all over the UK with the exception of Scotland (don't worry I aim to change that at some point). I come from a caving family with my father, mother, uncle all being cavers before me; I started caving seriously at 19 with the University of Leeds Speleological Association and never looked back.

Personally I believe that the UKs cave should be accessible to all who are mental enough to go down there and organisations like the BCA, CNCC, and CSCC ect. are there to represent the caver who requires the access and protect against the lump hammer that smashes things for no good reason or the uninformed idle wellie boot that can just land in the wrong place.

So if you have any concerns to raise to the BCA drop me a line and I'll see what I can do about it.