So You Want To Go Caving?

Caver Keith

This video is aimed at potential cavers and shows what to expect on a novice caving trip. It follows a group of cavers underground in the Ogof Ffynnon Ddu cave system in South Wales. For two of them it is their first ever caving trip. How did they get on? What did they think of caving? Will they go caving again?

http://youtu.be/dB-4qX9zFVM

Caver Keith

Thanks for the great comments. This is the first time I've properly planned a video and it seems to have worked.

jonnyrocketboots

Enjoyed that, I appreciate all the graft involved mate!  Watched it with my girl who hasn't caved (yet!) and now is a step nearer to getting underground! 
Thanks, great movie and looking forward to more!

JRB

chunky

Superbly shot and a great piece of editing. Looking forward to your next instalment!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Caver Keith

Thanks again everyone. The number of views is going up steadily and it does seem to be attracting a few favourable comments.

martinm

Brilliant. Loved it. Better than normal TV. (which I don't really watch anyway, tbh.)  Really conveyed the atmosphere of the trip and everybody seemed to enjoy it. Well lead, well filmed, great editing. Great job!  Keep it up. Appreciate all your videos.  Regards, Mel.

Caver Keith

I don?t know quite how to respond to all of these fantastic comments, but the videos do seem to be attracting a few followers. Most of my videos feature a caver called Mark who through the videos seems to have become a minor celebrity in the caving world. He was recognised at Hidden Earth last year (several times) and a couple of weeks ago in Swildons two separate groups asked if he was ?caver Mark?. At the pub last Saturday he was recognised again by a couple of cavers! He?ll be joining Equity next and asking for acting fees.
This was the first video I?d edited in Final Cut Pro X and it does offer a lot more flexibility than the preset titles and transitions in iMovie.

richardg

Hi Keith.

Your films just get better and better!

Wow! what superb quality of filming, such clear views everywhere, filming at its best, I especially like the vertical scenes, first time I think I've seen in a caving film, that illustrates the full scale of climbs and traverses, really really good, Thanks for producing and sharing it.

Now he's famous, Will you be doing a Parkinson type interview of  "Caver Mark" as a forerunner to your next general film release?

Richard Gibson

Caver Keith

Thanks Richard for the great feedback. I think an interview with Mark sounds like an idea with some potential. Let's think about it. Perhaps Paxman rather than Parkinson style?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk