Petzl Spelios and financial investment

MarkS

I stumbled across this in a magazine the other day. What on earth is the relevance?!

ea6b78f2374693de24b0ea9f6c55e102.jpg

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps "unearthing the richest sources" - exploration - shining a light - protection even.....

.....or when all your money has gone down the drain, you'll need a lamp to try to find it  :confused:

Speleotron

Dunno but it sounds like something Saul Goodman would have written, wonder how much money the mugs are going to hand over

CatM

Goodness knows, but I just downloaded their "Dunedin Income Growth Investment Trust ISA and Share Plan" and there are five more caving-related pictures. For example....

"Freedom to go in search..."?

Attachments

• dunedin2.png
    dunedin2.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 128

ZombieCake

Goes with the Croll - is it "Investments can plummet as well as fall.  But only after we've got the cash." ?

tony from suffolk

Dunedin are a pretty respectable outfit (we sold our company to them) but in the present environment I wouldn't personally be taking a punt on this.

hannahb

I've seen something quite similar with other investment-type companies.

One of them (Artemis, The Profit Hunter) was a sponsor for the Banff Film Festival World Tour and had adverts in the brochure and on the screen along the lines of seeking out more/exploring/being curious/going hunting/hiking etc, with a picture of a frontier-type chap in the American wilderness, and another of them (sorry can't remember the name) has/had a big billboard at Leeds station with similar themes involving rope work.

They both used mountaineering or other outdoor adventure activities to promote the service they were selling. I find it really odd!

alastairgott

Aberdeen Asset also sponsor a big boat race down south, and I think they have done for a number of years (I guess 5 years?).

www.cowesweek.co.uk

I wouldn't be surprised if they also sponsor university sport at some level too. A note to all you young'uns in uni, get on the funding while you're "on trend"/flavour of the month.