Scurion 900 for sale

yiannis

For sale:  Scurion 900 with a 4-battery pack in its box (used only once)

Please contact through email for more info, photos and videos.
savouramou@gmail.com

badger

i am under the impression quite possibly mistaken, that the number after scurions is the lumens, mine is a 1200 and 1200 lumens

yiannis

Hello all and sorry for the late reply...

I was in Turkey for 3 months after i had posted the ad.... I didn't see your messages before today.

I am a caver from SPOK caving club in Crete by the way.

AND here is the story behind the lamp...

The scurion was part of the sponsorship of 2018 summer expedition in Sternes cave in Crete. It was used very little in the cave to take some necessary photos that we needed for the sponsors. Then the club had to decide how to deal with this sponsorship as you cant just give the lamp to one random caver of the club.

After thinking, the club put it in a lottery among members and friends to raise some money for the expedition's big expenses.
A friend of mine bought few tickets to support the club and luckily won it.... the problem is that he is not a caver and the lamb is sitting the last year unused.
Here in Greece it is a bit hard to sell it so here you go.

Only drawback is that he can't offer any warranty for future problems as it was not bought but was offered as a sponsorship.

Let me know if you are interested or if you need to see a demostrating video or photos.

You can reach me via WhatsApp on +306973796181

Retail price when i checked on September 2019 was 584 ?. i guess 400 is a fair price for this (shipping also should be around 20 euros extra)  but feel free to make any offer you want and my friend will decide...

Its a pity that this lamp stays unused

Cheers dear co-cavers and see you in Crete or anywhere in a cave (some english cavers join us in the expeditions)

Fulk

with this sponsorship as you cant just give the lamp to one random caver of the club

Why not have a 'draw' of some kind among club members, and give it to the winner?

alastairgott

sounds plausible, but also sounds like a well engineered fishing scam.

?400 to some guy online vs ?525 to Tony.

Sorry if it's genuine, I just get shifty when there's a back story.

yiannis

The club dodnt do a draw among the members because the organisation was very well made and planned, costed a lot to the club and it was made very cheap for the participants so people could afford it (as you know economy in Greece isnt similar to UKs)... So the club needed some extra money to cover damages of material and financial loses... members and friends were more than happy to support this lottery..

I understand that you have doubts about my post.. There are some english cavers that joined the expedition and can confirm they know me I guess (the hairy bearded guy called Ioannis)... I am putting their names in case you know them. They are Jim Stevenson, Dave Ramsey, Roy Button and Richard Bendall and they come to Crete for caving a lot.

Now about the money, i wrote that 400 euros (its is 340 pounds actually) is a fair price ... but feel free to make any offer you want...

And i can also do you a live video demostration of the torch (through whatsapp) from the caving club directly....

My case is done.. If someone is interested contact me.

Love,
Ioannis

yiannis

The torch is sold to a caver somewhere near Bristol. Happy caving James, enjoy it.

Thanx the forum for the help