Lost: My own Pantin in King Pot.

Alex

After finding a black Pantin a while ago, returning it to said owner and buying one of my own it seems I am the one who has lost mine now.

I last saw it when I put it into my bag before going through the T shaped rift on the way out. I can only assume it fell out along the way out, as when I checked my gear the next day it was missing.

jarvist

On my way out King on Friday, I spotted a familiar design of striped webbing deep deep within an inaccessible section near the far end of the T-shape passage.

With eyes on the prize and nary a care to the return journey I slithered my way down and fished it out. There was all kinds of fun items down there in the pebbles, bits of PVC from the 80s and entirely liquid chocolate bars. After a while I started to get claustrophobic so manoeuvred myself back for the return journey -- the treasure was mine but I still had the devil to pay.

The going was fairly difficult, and I had a very cathartic cry why I was wedged in halfway up & wondering how on earth I was going to explain my present position to the CRO. However, as always in caving this soon passed, and I found myself relaxing in the spacious Elsyium fields of the bedding plane at the top.

So I probably have your Pantin, though please describe its specifics to make sure & I'll arrange for its return! Otherwise I'll find an impressionable youngster to gift it to in return for gear haulage this summer.

Though what exactly you were doing down King with a Pantin in the first place is a question that I'll leave to you & your conscience to deliberate.  :alien:

Alex

Sent you a PM and thanks very much. It sounds like you had an epic getting it!

Alex

Looks like it would have been safer down King Pot, it now is begging to look like it is lost in new cave called the Royal mail pot!

They are bloody useless, not the first thing they have lost of mine recently.