The SpanSet rope handover and factory visit

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you, SpanSet!!

wl

Yesterday, Ged Campion, on behalf of Eurospeleo accompanied Tim and I to Middlewich to tour the SpanSet factory and impressive new training facility.

SpanSet design, manufacture, supply, inspect, service and provide training for Height Safety, Lifting and Load Restraint Equipment - a fascinating morning was spent looking round their factory and new training facility.

Check out their website for further details of the training courses available http://www.spanset.co.uk

wl

wl
wl

Both outdoor (see the handover photo at the top) and brand new indoor training facilities are available + some very fancy 'technological' whiteboards in the classrooms - couldn't help myself with the doodle  :sneaky: 

SpanSet in conjunction with Tuefelberger, have sponsored Eurospeleo 2016 with 6km of rope which was officially handed over today - a forklift was required to move the rope around as there's a lot of it!!

wl

wl
wl

We toured the factory & saw all types of harnesses, heavy lifting equipment etc being made - fascinating - but good to see the old 'hit it with a hammer' technique in use  :eek:

wl

wl

wl

The product (middle/above left) is for lifting rescue boats - looked really complicated to make and used some hefty metalware!

wl

wl

When SpanSet say they have heavy lifting equipment, they're not kidding....

wl

Pete Ward of Spanset with Ged Campion of Eurospeleo - there's a Petzl Stop being dwarfed on that board....

wl

wl

The SpanSet Gotcha rescue kit - they sell 1000's of these into Industry.  We recognised the gold rope we saw in boxes!

Even their new coffee machine is top notch - we ended our tour with a brew when Pete agreed to offer UKC 3 x 100m lengths of rope to give away in pre Eurospeleo 2016 competitions - thanks, Pete  (y) thanks, Spanset  (y)

Competition details to follow very soon  ;)

Wardy

Ian
The answer is yes and if you send me a pm I will send you the info on the rope and best way to buy.
Thanks
Pete