Loxton cave access

bagpuss

Hi,
I know that access to Loxton Cavern isn't possible, but I've visited Loxton Cave in the past. I've suggested this as a club trip, but someone in the club seemed to recall a mention of issues with the lock? I am just checking if access is possible and if it's old or new CSCC lock/key,
Thanks in advance,

Ruth

mikem

The local council did replace the padlocks several years ago, but it's back to CSCC now (as is Loxton Quarry cave).

JamesM

mikem said:
The local council did replace the padlocks several years ago, but it's back to CSCC now (as is Loxton Quarry cave).

Mike, Have they done this recently? It still had a non-cscc key on it 8th Dec

mikem

Definitely both have the new CSCC locks, were you looking at a vertical gate or horizontal lid (Loxton Cavern - led trips only)?

bagpuss

mikem said:
Definitely both have the new CSCC locks, were you looking at a vertical gate or horizontal lid (Loxton Cavern - led trips only)?
Just to confirm that the locks for Loxton Cave are new CSCC. If you plan to climb up and exit via the rope/ handline it's very awkward to get the gate up. We opened padlock from the inside, couldn't lift the lid & returned to the surface to clear the debris and relock it.