Cracking pictures on / in the New Descent

Pitlamp

Just got my copy - the picture (of a certain well known person on this forum) on the front cover, is inspired! I suspect Wilf Taylor would have been blown away by the image of a Red Rose member on the rear cover. Well done Mark Burkey and Bill Nix! There's plenty of superb pictures inside the magazine too. Looks like this evening will be occupied by having a right good read, as it's very much a Dales-focussed edition.  :)

PeteHall

Pitlamp said:
it's very much a Dales-focussed edition.  :)

I heard there was a shortage of material from elsewhere, hence there may be a fairly uninspiring writeup from one of my Mendip digs (if it made the the final edit).

Pitlamp

PeteHall said:
Pitlamp said:
it's very much a Dales-focussed edition.  :)

I heard there was a shortage of material from elsewhere, hence there may be a fairly uninspiring writeup from one of my Mendip digs (if it made the the final edit).

Yep - Bos - it's in there on page 12, along with other interesting Mendip-based news.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Not got a copy yet but have seen the front cover on facebook doing the rounds.  That photo was posted on here back in May https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=27942.25  What's interesting is how is has been cropped and pimped which makes it better than the original.  Difficult to make the subject more handsome though  ;) ;)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
See here - plug

wl

The Old Ruminator

The original posted image was better in my view. More natural. In saying that as ever stuff is awfully formulaic now. Typically a posed back lit subject. They are all starting to look the same to me. But then I am an old grouch.