Inspiration/Plagiarism for Flyers

B

Beer

So it's that time of year again when you have to sit around the pub trying to come up with a witty slogan for your flyers to impress the new freshers. Anyone have any historical favourites or good ones for this year? I've always been a fan of the pot noodle "it's dirty and you want it" style but it's probably starting to show it's age?

Also ethically... "do the ends justify the means".... or can I pass off other club photos as our own with the intent to attract more members to caving?

On a more boring note... how do you do your flyers? We've got glossy printed double sided A5 in the past but are you better of just stealing the work photocopier and buying a few more krabs with the money you've saved on printing?

Chris J

With PotNoodles latest "fuel of Britain aint it" Miners advert, perhaps potnoodle/potholing inspired slogans are even more relevant!

M

miketopsom

Chacharlee made our flyers, one looked like this:
flyer1.jpg

You can fit 4 on brightly coloured A4, and using free university photocopiers worked for us.

rich

*bump*

I'm going to have a crack at resurrecting Aberystwyth next week. I'm too busy to make up any decent fliers or posters, so wondering if anyone has any I could steal and adapt? (Could do with them ASAP if possible because Uni rules mean they have to be translated into Welsh.)

Maybe we could have a section on the CHECC website for flier/poster designs?

A couple in the past I've heard have been used...

"Do you enjoy nice peaceful walks in the countryside?
If so, f*** off and join the West Wales Ramblers.
Aberystwyth Caving Club, Tuesdays, etc. etc."

Another one just had a quote from Nietzsche about the nobility of suicide (see the current Aber website), followed by "Aberyswtwyth Caving Club, Tuesdays... blah blah blah."

Apparently both were quite successful, though I'm not sure I could get away with it today!

maxb727

Hullo,

We've (soton) had the same flier for the past 2 years (not sure what we got this time), it was done by Rich Beer, who im sure you have contact details for, ours were double sided on half of A5 (not sure if thats A6) one side colour and other side black and white.

Im sure if u contact him he would be able to send them on to u

Max x

D

Dave H

In Leicester Poly (pre-demontfort univ) we didn't do fliers - we just walked around with a helmet and plonked it on peoples heads with the phrase - "the hat fits now use it!" :LOL:
Obviously we had the atractive female members putting hats on blokes and the less obnoxious blokes placing hats on young ladies! :halo: