'not another newbie' thread

J

JamesZS

Probably in the wrong place - I'm new to the layout of the forum - haven't really been doing much lurking.

Just a 'hello' - I'm James - I'm 'suspended' from Darkplaces.

I'm into my 'mine exploration' as much as my caving.

That is all.  :doubt:

J

SamT

Hi james. get stuck in.

Mine exploration/caving. go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. There are of course subtle differences and techniques but principley the same thing. 

J

JamesZS

SARMAN said:
James,  being underground in a cave or mine is all about trust, and ensuring everyone else health and Safety underground and abouve ground.   ANy ideas why Darkplaces threw you out.

I'll elect not to go into detail at this stage, to somebody who'd been registered literally 5 minutes before posting that. It just seems a bit odd to me ;-)

It was nothing H&S, it was a big fat misunderstanding and an issue blown out of proportion by other users, which resulted in Pete and I being 'suspended' until root/chris/c**tplaces was 'in a better mood' to quote the thread. :confused:

W

Walrus

wormster said:
OI, J izzat you??

wotcher fink you're doin over 'ere??

B

This is James, not J (even though they share the first name!)

Hels

Wormster you cant assume everyone you meet called james is actually J hehe.  So we going to scare him this weekend then???? i think we should take him down rhino lol ... (it was my first srt cave hehe)

A

andymorgan

SARMAN said:
James,  being underground in a cave or mine is all about trust, and ensuring everyone else health and Safety underground and abouve ground.   ANy ideas why Darkplaces threw you out.

It's not all about trust, Health and Safety  :sleep: What about the fun etc? People tend to do caving for a bit of potential danger (but not taking unnecessary risks) and excitement, away from the sterility of everyday life.

ditzy 24//7

iv always thought that caving is mainly about having fun, but being aware of potential hazerds is always good aswell as knowing who you can trust. and always look out for others aswell. :)

J

JamesZS

andy/ditzy:

Don't feed the troll! :D

They're trying to get me to say something silly to earn me a permanent ban from DP.

(i would like to go back on there at some point, but it's Chris' call if/when - i have plans to move in here too - i'm actually surprised I hadn't already tbh)

W

wormster

Hels said:
So we going to scare him this weekend then???? i think we should take him down rhino lol ... (it was my first srt cave hehe)

Nah we'll leave JAMES F behind, we *could* take minty to rhino, only I don't have enough rope/maillions to get all the way down, I think we'll stick with plan A ((thrupe lane swallet/high atlas pot)-JOKE I've never been there it looks a right so and so forsure!!)) :tease: :tease: :tease:

Burt

James-

So you've been banned. So what? Welcome to UK caving, an altogether better experience.

paul

SamT said:
Hi james. get stuck in.

Mine exploration/caving. go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. There are of course subtle differences and techniques but principley the same thing. 

And in the Peak, you often have both cave and mine together!

RobinGriffiths

It was nothing H&S, it was a big fat misunderstanding and an issue blown out of proportion by other users, which resulted in Pete and I being 'suspended' until root/chris/c**tplaces was 'in a better mood' to quote the thread.

Is Darkplaces called Chris? - wot a disappointment, I thought it would be something like Beelzebub  or Lucifer or similar..