Reservoir Hole / Frozen Deep Leader Contact

Hi all

Does anyone have a contact to discuss getting a leader / access to reservoir hole for a few members of our club?

Thanks
Matt

mikem

RESERVOIR HOLE
ST 4746 5447
All trips are accompanied by a conservation warden. Many of the major Mendip caving clubs have their own wardens.

If you do not have a club warden or do not know a warden please phone Martin Grass on 01934-742710 or write to him at Bryscombe, New Road, Draycott, Cheddar, Somerset, BS27 3SG enclosing an SAE giving as much notice as possible of the dates you would like to visit the cave .

The cave is open from 1st April until the 31st October each year.

To preserve the cave the following regulations apply:
* No novices.
* No carbide lights.
* Clean over suits please.
* Maximum of three cavers per warden.
* One trip per day.

* All cavers must have adequate insurance cover.
* All groups to supply their own tackle for the pitches.
* A minimum ?2 per person conservation donation is requested.

As a rough indication a trip to the Frozen Deep to see the chamber, tackle and detackle the pitch is approximately 3 1/2 hours. Photography and visiting other parts of the cave add considerably to this time.

http://cscc.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=access:start

Mike

Thank you all; I have emailed Mr Grass.  Currently looking at the 16th July.  Just want to see if it's a possibility.

Cheers all

Matt

The Old Ruminator

Correct. Martin overseas arrangements to make sure there is no clash with bookings. We try to make sure there is only the one party in the cave at any one time. Details are in the current edition of Mendip Underground. Be aware that Martin works in the travel business and often goes abroad. Allow plenty of time for him to make arrangements. Martin also deals with trips at Fairy Cave Quarry.

I tend to accompany week day trips as there are a good number of " leaders " available for weekends.

I am very slow and crotchety and prefer small parties of young ladies which perks me up no end.

tony from suffolk

If Mr Old Ruminator was good enough to take you down Reservoir Hole, at least do the decent thing & pop on a bit of makeup & squeeze into some short skirts. You'd make the old chap very happy.

PaulW

I've arranged for an all girls trip down reservoir in ten days time. It's a Saturday though so you wouldn't be interested😉

Kushy's got the job ?

The Old Ruminator

Blast. That Kushy :ras: is a sneaky beast. Lets hope we get some photos here on the Forum. Saturday's are indeed difficult as I have to dress nicely and take SWMBO out somewhere. :halo: