Prid's lake whats the highest youve seen it?

Cartwright26

Bet it wasnt as high as we saw it tonight!!! The dive bench/scafold planks were completely submerged and you could swim through from grand gallery duck under the flow stone into the lake chamber from there you could swim up to the ceiling bells and pull yourself up into the bits were you wouldnt usually get such as were the large stal is. You have to duck under the arch near maggots

Do you mean that plank on the left as you go to the lake, normally about 3 - 4 mts from the edge?

Just re-read what you said looking at the survey -
you could swim through from grand gallery duck under the flow stone

:eek:

Yeh, that's a bit full of water, wonder what the Deep Well is like  :coffee:

Cartwright26

An even deeper well :) yes the planks on the left are under water!! If you look forward from the planks there is about a foot to the roof under that bit of white stal, then you go into the lake chamber and usually when looking up into the roof by the lake you can literally pull yourself into the voids up by the big stal, its ridiculous but an awesome chance to see some bits rarely explored.

mrodoc

I have been there when the Cellars were completely sumped up, and water was flowing (yes flowing) out of the lake into Mystery Pool series via the passage you reach by traversing out along the left wall. I have some photos of high levels but not as high as that unfortunately. The Deep Well isn't deep any more. Pete Mulholland and me walked across it about 20 years ago. Sad really, so much mud had been slopped into it it was choked. Impressive when you consider that was a 5 metre plus deep dive site 30 years ago!

glyders

Deepest I've seen would have involved a serious wade to Maggots - the mouth of the tube was about a foot above water level so most of the loop would have been sumped.

Joe90

Iv not swam out from the cellars but I have slid down into waist deep water.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk