Mr S Pole goes digging down Eldon...

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
14 entries to date (for a drill  :eek: Why so few ??).

Have said will put a short list together then choose at random from there - reason?  Because even fewer cavers will enter if they think 'Trip report X is so good, I'll never beat it so no point entering'.  This way, report writers have to strive for the short list so hopefully the reports written are interesting/enjoyable/informative for forum users.  Feedback on trip reports is always useful when compiling a shortlist btw. 

900+ individuals looked at the forum on Monday and yet we have 14 entries.  During the Dalesbridge oversuits competition many comments were made about the lack of funding for student cavers - well there's ?350 worth of drill available right here - maybe win it, sell it, buy some kit for freshers??  We are contacted by expeditions looking for contacts for potential sponsors or to buy kit at a discount - helping to fund the expeditions no doubt.  Expedition leaders/organisers why not encourage entry int the Makita drill competition??  Maybe win it and use it, maybe win it and sell it - use funds for expedition kit?? 

I put a lot of time and effort into the competitions and am grateful to everyone who takes the time and trouble to enter - so from me to everyone who has ever entered a UKC competition - thank you, Jane

AR

I'm still working on a trip report which has taken three weeks to get to its present state, too much work and a broken horsebox to fettle! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get it finished and posted.

cap n chris

The Mr. Pole video is FABULOUS! - one of the most captivating and enjoyable caving videos I've seen in a long time. Really like that, a lot. Yes. A lot. Well done. Nice work!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Taken me all weekend to get that song out of my head - and now......thanks danthecavingman!!  ;)

ZombieCake

Well, could look at it as an aide memoire:  'It's dark, I'm covered in mud, what am I supposed to be doing again?  Ah! Yes! Diggy Diggy Hole!'.  The video is ace and I think the soundtrack is that extra 1-2% by volume in the gallon of premium scrumpy.

TomTom

Happy to see that the video has gone down well  ;)

Now to complete the trilogy by strapping the GoPro to a plank for part two, and a..... scaff clip(?) for part three

If we ever decide to make and epic fear not, there is a 10 hour version of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov5pxaIbJlM
and if anyone wants to use the video for anything feel free, I'm sure Mr S. Pole will be happy to hear that he hasn't been forgotten.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
[admin]Diggy Diggy hole song in all versions now BANNED due to severe, 4 day ear worm - aaaahhhh :LOL:[/admin]

mudman

Pegasus said:
Diggy Diggy hole song in all versions now BANNED due to severe, 4 day ear worm - aaaahhhh  :LOL:

At the risk of skirting on the edges of arguing with a moderator.  Can I just say, "Oh no! That song is awesome and on a part with Everything is Awesome!"

ZombieCake

I suppose that if you get yourself in an awkward situation, like possibly my above post, what you need to do is not let yourself get into a 'Diggy Diggy Hole'.
I'll get my coat and join the Foreign Legion to forget..  ;)  ;)