UK Lava Tube Group?

Ed W

Recently there seems to have been a reasonable number of posts about various lava tubes.  I know that there are quite a few UK cavers now seduced by this underground fetish, and it ocurred to me that it might just be worthwhile setting up an informal group to keep in touch and as a point of contact for those wishing to visit lava tube areas.  I was thinking about a contact list and an electronic newsletter once or twice a year.  Would anyone be interested in this?  If so I am willing to get the ball rolling.  Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Ed

Les W

Don't see any problems with both ideas.  (y)

Ed W's idea of an informal group is good, perhaps a more formal set up could be better with proper publications and an exchange of information.

Sam T's (and Bubba's) idea of a sub forum could be of great benefit in the exchange of information and a point of contact for anybody thinking of heading to any volcanic region.  (y) (y)

Ed W

Given at least a couple of positive posts, I guess I have backed myself into a corner!  I think the first thing will be to get together a list of email addresses of interested people.  So if you are interested, or know someone who might be, please PM me and I will try to get things moving in the New Year.  I woudl envisage there to be no charge for joining this "movement", at least initially, but would be looking for input from as many people as possible.

It would also need a name.  British Lava Cavers (BLaC) perhaps?

Cheers,

Ed

Les W

Maybe it's a bit highbrow, but how about

The British Volcanospeleology Group
i.e. - BVG

...perhaps.  :-\