How to post an Image from Flickr - the easy way

Antwan

There are many ways to skin a cat just as there are ways to include an image from Flickr into a post and most cavers will give you the arse over tit way of doing it, so here is a quick guide to the quick way of posting images from Flickr.com

Find Your Picture
Find your picture you want to post in your photo stream and click  on it so that it is displayed, I am using eddie because I feel he is a bit un loved
Then you may have to wiggle your mouse over the image to bring up the image sharing tool bar highlighted in red
f1.jpg

Choose how to share
Pressing the right wards pointing arrow will bring up the sharing menu, you have a couple of options of how to share but we are interested in the BBCode method (BBCode is short for Bulitin Board Code which is supported on UKCaving.com)

f2.jpg

You can select how big your image will appear in your post, I have gone for medium as this will display my image without any scroll bars and anyone reading the forum see the full picture.

Next copy the BBcode in the box underneath the size and add into your post

Checking Your Post

Inserting the code into your post should look like this

f3.jpg

Pressing the preview button will let you see if it has worked successfully before posting on the forum for everyone to see

This method leaves the image 'Clickable' so anyone reading can view the full size original on flickr

and if all the steps have worked we should see a post of eddie below

Eddie by Anthony aka Antwan, on Flickr

cap n chris

You can alter the width of the displayed image this way...

In the square brackets at the start of the link you add width=400 (or whatever number you think is right after using the preview feature to check it's the kind of size you're aiming for) e.g.

[ img width=400 ] linktothephotoinfo etc.. [ /img ]

Antwan

You are quite correct Chris, but the method above makes it easy for anyone not comfortable with using tags (who this guide was aimed at)  and has the benefit that the source image is also the correct size which saves bandwidth (or data charges) for both Flickr and any users of slow or mobile internet connections. It also complies with the Flickr user agreement that asks for any embedded images to be linked back the Flickr.

Like I said, many ways to skin a cat.  :kiss2: