Forum problems

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all

We have been having a few problems this weekend.  Please be patience while we resolve them all.  Cheers

Q

Administrator
Staff member
The forum issues over the weekend were down to the amount of traffic on the website taking us over our quotas. Not a bad problem to have if the site is growing!

We'll be migrating the site to a larger server later today, so there will be a short amount of downtime whilst this happens to make sure we don't loose any posts.

Q

Administrator
Staff member
OK, forum moved to it's own server now so hopefully you should see some performance improvement.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all

Our hosting problems have persisted and the forum has been down all morning.  We have all been working hard to get to the root cause of the problem.  Hosting the site has not been as simple as I expected.  The IT guys will explain further when they can.

Apologies to all.

Q

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies for the recent downtime.

Please bear with us whilst we get to the bottom of recent hosting issues.

Thanks.

Q

Administrator
Staff member
Despite all their promises, our current hosting provider let us down badly.

I've take then step to move the forum to a more powerful server that hopefully will solve the problems we've been having over the last week or so. I'll be making more changes to the site to try and ensure we're providing a reliable service.

We wouldn't usually be working on the weekend on this, but the previous server performance was so bad that it needed resolving straight away.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

:beer: