Proceedings of the 15th International Congress of Speleology

rhychydwr1

Dear Friends,

My apologies for the long delay. In August I wrote that the proceedings of the 15th International Congress of Speleology would be posted soon on the Karst Information Portal (KIP), but this was delayed due to someone?s illness. However, the proceedings are now available at http://www.lib.usf.edu/karst-test/SPT--BrowseResources.php?ParentId=367 The proceedings are currently posted as PDF files, as they were printed in three large volumes. The PDFs are thus large, 11, 16, and 18 Mb for volumes 1, 2, and 3. The Table of Contents is in Volume 1. The index is in Volume 3. You will notice that for most items in the index, the given page numbers are 2 pages larger than the actual page number. This was because of a last minute correction when there was not enough time to renumber the index and have the proceedings printed in time for the Congress The above address is the direct address to the proceedings. This is a part of the KIP that is being redesigned and tested. The main address for the KIP is www.karstportal.org. You can use the keyword search in the upper right corner to find information. The keyword can be a cave name, author name, or other information that may be in the reports you want. However, the proceedings PDFs have not yet been indexed for the search system and so you will not yet find them that way. The KIP team is working to index all of the papers, but also to divide the three PDFs into individual files, one for each paper. The work is not difficult, but with over 500 papers in the proceedings it will be slow. I will notify you as soon as the indexing is complete and the individual papers are posted.

George George Veni, Ph.D.Chairman, 15th International Congress of Speleology
Vice President of Administration, International Union of Speleology
Executive Director, U.S. National Cave and Karst Research Institute