Help with logging in

Fulk

Morning all, I have a problem with UKC.

I have an iMac on my desk, but I also have a portable Mac that I picked up cheaply second hand. Yesterday I inadvertently logged out of UKC on my desk-top machine, but was unable to log back in; typing in my user-name the password filled itself in automatically, nevertheless log-in failed, and I got the following error message:

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again

However, when I tried to log in on my portable machine, using the same procedure, there was no problem.

Today I still can?t access UKC on my desktop, but I can on the portable Mac.

Does anybody have any suggestions to help?

Fulk

Alex

Not an expert on web technologies, or how the website of UKC actually works, however.... Sounds like a cache issue with that time out message, your refresh token may have expired. I suggest you clear your cache and try again and restart the computer if not already done so (turn it off and on again, as they say in the I.T. crowd)

Disclaimer, my speciality is not web technologies so the above may be a load of rubbish but worth trying anyway.

Fulk

Hi Alex,

I didn't have a clue what you were talking about, but I got a friend (who know a bit more than I do about these things) who's staying with us to have a look and she said that what you meant was to clear the history; so I did, and it worked, and I'm typing this on the desk-top.

Thanks,

Fulk/John

Fulk

Morning Alex,

I've just logged in, wondering if the problem would recur ? but it hasn't; no problems at all, so thanks again.