Ofd3

Keris82

So my lovely (crazy?!) SO has organised a trip to ofd3 this weekend. I've heard it's quite treacherous in places if you're a shortie like me (5'4" lady) with no where to rig hand lines or traverse lines. Is it really all that bad? I'm kinda dreading it....  :confused:

rsch

It is a perfectly straightforward trip if you have a moderate head for exposure. I can't comment on how easily you will find all the holds you need at your height but I would remind anyone who has concerns that it was possible for a walking casualty to be (self-)rescued from OFD3 after a very significant fall and loss of consciousness using nothing but a 12m length of rope and a couple of slings to secure their passage past every one of the various technical obstacles. That said, there is enough going on that you may run out of enthusiasm long before you reach Smith's Armoury, in which case you would definitely not be the first - or last - person to take a number of trips to get all the way there.

chunky

Claire Vivian would be the person to contact for this advise. Do you know her? If not PM me your details and will put you in touch.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk