The Joys of Winter Digging

The Old Ruminator

One really wonders why one goes to all the effort to get covered in slime this time of year. I could have been home by the fire if I had any sense which I clearly havn't

Anyway a few comical shots from today to reinforce the idea that cosy at home might better plan.

Pass the ruddy bag.

Darn. Dropped the camera in the sh*te.

Spooky.

Now we get it.

Another bag coming up.

ET ? No sod off with that camera.

Give us a bite. Its stopped raining !

Merry Christmas to all our readers.

Roger W

Merry Christmas?  Shouldn't that be Muddy Christmas?    ;)

Cooling, soothing mud must be better than hot, pyroclastic volcanic mud any day!

Great photos, O.R.  Keep 'em coming!

The Old Ruminator

Duncan S. Just found out that my dentist is your second cousin and you took her down Swildons recently. Oh you wont know him she said !

bagpuss

Great photos, I bet it was a joy to clean that kit! Least the sun was shining for your lunch break :)

Duncan S

The Old Ruminator said:
Duncan S. Just found out that my dentist is your second cousin and you took her down Swildons recently. Oh you wont know him she said !
LOL - small world :)
It was her daughter that wanted to go caving and she was there whether she liked it or not.
Fair play to her though as she overcame her fears and fitness to make the trips happen; if you were of her patients the following day, then I apologise for any unnecessary suffering you may have incurred.
They made it around the Barnes Loop and thanks to a navigational error on the part of one of my erstwhile colleagues while I de-rigged the 20, they exited via the Wet Way. My stress levels went rocketing when I failed to find them on the way out.

Joe90

What's a seagull? Or is it too early in the morning for that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rhychydwr1

To go back to the original topic.  Brilliant photos, but which cave is it?  Does not look like Reservoir Hole.

Joe90

crickleymal said:
Joe90 said:

Far too early. If you must, look it up in the Urban Dictionary
Haha, I had forgotten all about the urban dictionary. The modern profanisauras!

Anyway, dig looks a bit mucky :)
crickleymal said:
Joe90 said:

Far too early. If you must, look it up in the Urban Dictionary

The Old Ruminator

I must humbly apologise for leading this thread off on the wrong path. I never knew there was so much interest in seabirds. Please no more mention of puffins, guillimots, shags or any thing else. Now if somebody has some more really filthy photos please post them up. Er I meant muddy photos. Now shall I take my camera next week? Better still shall I even bother to go at all? Will anyone else bother to go? The old TG 2 was right gummed up with solidified mud but it's going again now.

At least when the jacquizi gets plumbed with hot water it might be a bit better. ( cant spell jacquizi its a guess )