SRT training

anfieldman

Having been a caver now for over a year the one thing I would really like to know how to do is SRT. Is anyone planning on setting up some training soon?
Also, can anyone recommend a good book on this subject?

Cheers me dears.

:sleep:

cap n chris

There will probably be some SRT training organised soon, of a limited scope - i.e. beginners, "learn how to go down and up" (or up and down if you're picky like that - although in a caving scenario it usually is down... and then up on the way out). Stipulation for attendance: you need to be a club member, you need to know the difference between left and right and up and down, you need to be living and finally you need to arrive if you want to attend.

A

andymorgan

I fancy a bit of a Mendip SRT trip in the next few months, as I haven't been caving for a while and I have only used my new SRT kit once! Any caving would be great actually :clap: (y)

anfieldman

Chris,

Many thanks. I think I know what is up and down and left and right. I am a member and I will turn up in order to attend. Megstar will probably want to come with us too. I think she also knows her left from her right (except when trying to direct me whilst I am driving).
Probably see you at the Kings Head soon. Let me know then.

Up the Reds! (Even though they played crap on Saturday)

For all you Man U fans  :tease: Though I have not found any cavers yet who take an interest in Englands greatest game yet. I might post a topic on this if I get any replies.

cap n chris

If I wasn't already caving every day I'd be in a position to organise some caving. Bit of a problem, innit? P'raps in second half of November....

B

Bristol knitter

Hey Chris

I can't guarantee that I know up and down and left and right..but I'd love to give SRT a go!

I'm out of the country in November but will be returning in December hungry for dark holes and rope work, so please keep me in mind!

Zoe

cap n chris

What I'll probably end up doing is this:

I'm thinking of donating a day of professional training to the club in 2007, with a 30% discount to club members for any training bookings thereafter.