Ever pressed the shutter too many times?

ZombieCake

Took few photos of a rehearsal of a local amateur dramatics group this afternoon. Got home and the SD card had 1,091 photos on it. And that was without the motor drive. Good job I didn't use RAW. Only problem is I have to sort them out.  Has anyone else really over-done it for the task in hand?  (Oh yes I did!)

christine

I used to. Not any more.

Pick your battles. If you know the shot isn't set up right, it won't get better by pressing the shutter more and more.

Also, the best piece of advice I ever got from somebody way better than me (and this applies to video too) is "Kill your Darlings"

What he means is, although you might like it and it might mean something to you, it doesn't mean it is a good photo or has a place in your film.
Don't be afraid of "Zoom, Nope, Delete" on site.

Work the shots to your film, not the other way around. The same can be said for images. If you find yourself thinking "Nice shot, pity about that blurred bit/shadow/water splash" then bin it.

Unless you only have 3 shots from the whole shoot (see my recent cave diving images) in which case, better to have something than literally nothing  :cautious: