Mop bucket without queueing

alastairgott

Not really urgent, but in a spurt of enthusiasm yesterday I got the mop bucket out, and found it had sprung a leak so had to relegate it to the bath while I finished the task.

Anyone have any bright ideas where I might get a mop bucket from without queueing (I really hate queueing).

If it's not possible, I'll just duck tape it and/or leave it in the bath.
(only going to use it a handful of times in the foreseeable and I wouldn't count it as a necessity).

AR

Some hardware shops are still open, so if you can find a small independent one near you they might be able to help. Otherwise, silicone sealant is your friend...

Roger W

What is the bucket made of, and how big is the leak?

Not much will stick to polythene, but duct tape can make a surprisingly efficient repair.

alastairgott

A hairline surface sort of fracture, which flexes and allows water to escape. it's definitely not a big hole, so duck tape would probably do for a quick job.

(edit: and the buckets made from that plastic bucket-ey material, if that helps  (y) )

owd git

Pitlamp said:
Line it with a poly bag.

Great 'eco', repair, good for our earths resources.  :bow:
Have seen the same repair method on a toilet cistern once. did you travel to Derbyshire ten years back?

Pitlamp

Poly sheeting is extremely good at keeping water in - provided it's supported. (The temporary dam set up for GG winch meets involves its use).

Yep, been to Derbyshire a time or two but can't claim any credit for bodging that cistern.

gingerlycolors

Try improvising with anything that can hold water.  Alternatively you can try B+M, they are very good shops and they are still open during this Corona Crisis and they sell household stuff. There is one in Whaley Bridge and a couple in Stockport.