New Book O'r Ddaear Fyddar Faith Mwyn o Ganolbarth Cymru / Worn by Tools and Tim

moorebooks

Author Ioan Lord, PB, 168pp ?14.99 ISBN  9 781784 618650 its available from myself and other bookshops

The book provides a story of the mining industry in Mid Wales and its roll in developing the metal industry in Britain, it is written in both Welsh and English with paragraphs alongside each other.

At first I thought this might lengthen it unnecessarily , however, by doing this it has provided the opportunity to provide a lot more photographs. Many of these are in colour where Ioan has carried out exploration of the Mines it is not just showing off exploration of the underground as its ably supported with historical photographs of men and machinery. He addresses the social history and living conditions for the Miners and their families with photographs and a sympathetic script to describe them. He also uses copies of mine drawings and plans to illustrate the workings, some of the machinery, tools and working methods .

He starts with maps of the Area which helps identify the Mines being referred to he starts with the Bronze Age workings through to the 20th Century workings and surface remains. It contains not just a selection of underground photographs, which are excellent by the way, but he has detailed living and working conditions with lengthy research supported by a full Bibliography at the end

Mike

Attachments

• tools &239.jpg
    tools &239.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 285
  • tools2241.jpg
    tools2241.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 165
  • tools1240.jpg
    tools1240.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 172