Burning Q - is the cat at The crown, H-I-R fat or pregnant

alastairgott

just been in the crown opposite the craven pothole club (following pitlamps suggestion  8) ). There is one question that we don?t know the answer to.

Is the cat at the pub fat or is it pregnant. It?s not really a question you can or should ask a cat... and canary didn?t fancy asking either.

alastairgott

Someone else had to point out to me the feline connection to the other pub. Slow! Tatty wife today. (Anyone any suggestions for tomorrow?).

Thinking ireby or pikedaw.

Fjell

alastairgott said:
Someone else had to point out to me the feline connection to the other pub. Slow! Tatty wife today. (Anyone any suggestions for tomorrow?).

Thinking ireby or pikedaw.
Not Ireby, it?s going to piss down and it?s got even wetter in the entrance pitches than it used to be. Long wait to escape.

Rowten for riggers, Lancaster dry bits, Mistral etc.

alastairgott

Ok no probs, we got some info from pikedaw diggers on rope lengths. And it?s almost a dead cert we?ll go there. No epics in ireby for Cro to clear up I?m afraid ;)

Fulk

I'm intrigued now; I was assuming that pikedaw meant Pikedaw Calamine Caverns which, to the best of my knowledge, needs one rope for the entrance; so what does 'we got some info from pikedaw diggers on rope lengths' mean?

alastairgott

Yes just one.

Ad verbatim:
Hi Alistair, the entrance shaft is 23m, so a 25m is good to go. Apologies for the late reply, hope you have a great trip.

By the way we usually belay to one of the two spikes on the surface and the their are two belays on top of the 2m ladder, we pop a y hang on this and drop the shaft.

Fulk

It was just lazy habit to put ?rope lengths? rather than rope length (singular) :)

Thanks for clarifying that, alastair; I wasn't being pedantic, I just wondered (given the reference to Pikedaw diggers) if someone had found something new that I hadn't heard about.

alastairgott

We didn?t find it, but we did get soggy looking, perhaps we?ll have better luck next time looking for a great big concrete cap  o_O (we were looking too low).

Found a natural hole though.