Bag and jacket

Bosley

Had a brilliant trip down Bar Pot, Yorkshire on Thursday. Left a medium sized Warmbac bag and XXL Montaine jacket stashed at the first pitch head to find it gone on the way out. Please keep your eyes peeled. Atleast the ropes was still there

aricooperdavis

I've had stuff taken from the same place a few years ago :( I hope this is a misguided but well meaning "rescue" of your gear...

Fjell

With the pitch rigged?

A few months ago we were there and a bunch of blokes turned up with a drone and started filming the womenfolk getting changed in the shakehole. They seemed perturbed when I went to talk to them about it. I watched them go because we were on our way down. Some funny people out there., and not just cavers even.

Use maillons with a spanner on surface where civilians can get to them easily. Lizard/Troll bollards were good for this.

Pitlamp

Must admit I normally stash my surface bag at the bottom of the entrance pitch, for this reason.

I live nearby, so I'll keep my eyes & ears open locally, just in case the bag or jacket do appear round here. Long shot but you never know.

Please tell us what colour were the bag and jacket - and any other distinguishing features.

Bosley

It's a classic red and blue Warmbac shoulder bag with a red XXL Montaine jacket with black marker on the left breast showing size and centre marking