Covidiots out and about last weekend.

Mrs Trellis

Peak District - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55618895?at_custom4=CCD2BCDA-5423-11EB-AE80-EF0D933C408C&at_custom3=Regional+BBC+North+West&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom1=link
Snowdonia - https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/19000866.chester-ellesmere-port-teenagers-stopped-climbing-tryfan/

oldfart

and
https://www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/19003500.police-criticise-walkers-rescued-ingleborough-treacherous-conditions/

Laurie

One of our local beaches is more crowded daily than on a BH.
People are totally ignoring distancing.

RobinGriffiths

Laurie said:
One of our local beaches is more crowded daily than on a BH.
People are totally ignoring distancing.

Yep, not just that though, one of my local walks involves a cycle track, and it's not uncommon, every 1/2mile or so to encounter two families standing either side of the track gabbing at each other, necessitaing braving the combined exhalations of half a dozen people from a metre or so in order to get past. In some ways worse when they're doing it on pavements where you can't skittle between them and have to step into the road instead.

pwhole

I had to walk around a group of twelve people doing this the other day, occupying an entire junction of three park paths - they didn't even notice me walking through mud to get past them, but they did have dogs, which I suppose are somewhat distracting, if you only have limited focus to begin with.

Pitlamp

Yesterday was glorious and I was up on the limestone benches around Ingleborough, shakehole spotting (legally, as I'm incredibly fortunate that I can walk there directly from home).

I saw a solitary runner in the distance at one point but that was it.

Roger W

Pitlamp said:
Yesterday was glorious and I was up on the limestone benches around Ingleborough, shakehole spotting (legally, as I'm incredibly fortunate that I can walk there directly from home).

Some people are very fortunate!

(Said he from the middle of Bradford. )

Pitlamp

Roger W said:
Pitlamp said:

I absolutely agree Roger; one certainly has to count one's blessings.

Many of my friends are marooned in big conurbations at the moment and itching to get out.

Most of my own caving projects are off limits but I'm so lucky to be able to go on the hill at least. But we'll get through this, sooner or later.

pwhole

Attachments

• _IGP2789_sm.jpg
    _IGP2789_sm.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 122

Ed

Roger W said:
Pitlamp said:

I have to leave the joys of Nidderdale and drive into Bradford every day for work......

Pitlamp

Bet you don't half look forward to driving home, especially in the summer with the light evenings!

Fjell

I think it would be safe to say the Guardian forums wouldn?t be your first port of call looking for someone to take an X15 to the edge of space.

Today the burning issue is the content of free food packs. I think it was the Mother's Pride that tipped them over the edge.

Duck ditch

I am learning to accept that some people think that those food parcels were acceptable.  I?m trying to understand.  I am struggling.  Wasting money on the poor is that it? 

Fjell

All you have to do is increase child benefit. Sending out ingredients is a nonsense waste of effort. Families still have to go shopping.

It?s the sort of BS policy only a celebrity could dream up. The distribution costs more than the food.

Personally I would rather my kid was at school. They are bored out of their minds.

Oceanrower

Fjell said:
All you have to do is increase child benefit. Sending out ingredients is a nonsense waste of effort.

What a great idea. That'll be a few more drugs for some parents at the bottom of the food chain...

Duck ditch

So free school meals are good.  Increase benefits so the parents can buy food to feed there children.  Sounds good. 
Getting  these companies to supply food parcels was a bad idea then?  Excellent.

Obviously ,oceanrower ,  don?t give money to the druggy parents.  We can let them kids make an official complaint.  Maybe to there trusted teacher.  How does the benefits agency who have given the extra money for food know which parents are the druggy ones?

NewStuff

Fjell said:
How about sending all kids on FSM to school right now? Would be vastly better for them.
And re-introduce a huge transmission vector? Again? Not to mention the FSM kids are already getting shit off many others in their peer groups by virtue of being on FSM, they don't need to have yet more differences to the other students.

Wardy

I wonder if the food parcel providers played on the hope that those getting a "free" parcel would be grateful and not likely to complain, so they seized on an opportunity to rip off both tax payers and those in need.

It must take quite a bit to push someone to complain when they are in a tough situation, but if they hadn't the providers would have continued skimming off the tax payer

Agree with the parcels or not I am sure there is no one who wants to give money to an undeserving supplier.

I would also prefer to debate how we get the benefit to the right place while doing something rather than do nothing while we look for a perfect option