L1 Cave Leaders wanted for some PhD research (please!)

martinbarry

Hello,

For my sins of working in a university, I have had to embark on a PhD, so decided that I may as well do it in something interesting, and have focused it on caving.

I have been looking at the decision-making techniques of experienced and highly qualified outdoor professionals, and would like to see if I can work out what they are doing by comparing it to folk who may be less experienced, or are just starting out on their qualifications journeys or outdoor careers. I have done the research with the CIC's and now need a couple of L1 qualified cave leaders who are just starting out / are youngish / don't have major awards in other disciplines.

It will entail a just a short phone chat or two, and asking your view on any resources I might produce (PowerPoint for example) to help less experienced folk get better at making decisions in tricky situations.

From working with CIC's and MIC's (WMCI) to this point, they have really enjoyed chatting about their caving or climbing stuff! I'm hoping that my research will help bridge some of the award gaps - i.e. the jump from L2 (VCL) to CIC is pretty huge.

Many thanks in anticipation
Martin
martinbarry2@outlook.com