Oxlow - Eastern Chamber

JefeBo55

Does anyone know what's down the hole with the ladder in? Wasn't feeling brave enough to climb down without a rope!

And also bottom of the 2nd pitch there's a rope going up, again, not feeling brave enough to just run up it, how old is the rope and bolts?

Feel free to call me a scaredey cat  :LOL:

alastairgott

No idea how old the rope at the bottom of the second pitch is, but I can say it?s as stiff as a board! So probably been in there a few years or had a few years of use before finding itself on the hangers.

JefeBo55

alastairgott said:
No idea how old the rope at the bottom of the second pitch is, but I can say it?s as stiff as a board! So probably been in there a few years or had a few years of use before finding itself on the hangers.

Ye..... It did seem rather solid last week. Didn't realise you could walk into a rope and feel it!

E McK said:
Does anyone know what's down the hole with the ladder in? Wasn't feeling brave enough to climb down without a rope!

And also bottom of the 2nd pitch there's a rope going up, again, not feeling brave enough to just run up it, how old is the rope and bolts?

There's a small chamber back underneath the approach to the hole with the ladder.

There was a dig at the bottom that descended probably 5m or so - but it's rather loose in places and a good deal of big rocks are seemingly held up by a combination of an Acrow and force of habit. The now accepted view (see trip report in the link) is that this dig is a pointless affair and if pursued would drop into Suicide Chamber.

http://butteredbadger.com/index.php/en/trip-reports/160-suicide-chamber-aptly-named

zTHOsyxTHf3Yq_Fk6SyRcAPz8SUqDJpLK0mxEJqt--m7twsPfma86Mhlvb5l4JM8fddE7HifY0OFSR5gG-VI_mhXBKDfI2id0dnQIEJdFKI1rup90JpPdAPUh7f5fSQvWp_q6oey8j0IFM-UfJoDnpliKq0z9AYhYulrEolXaMQJECpEzdt0mzy9DfzUN9K8Tvrj3McrJ1OB4FOhYzSFvrbATo5T_If3u1e6Qojxp5sABWdp2MXowaLzjffbcQHfTfNUMWgGgiOjUsAfSuUgFHqm6LNDnziAjoWPAHGUqPwMNOT9GVHA54At1c9c9QbGCTqW2l9oxzNekEBKwDta0O14QPRDiTebPyz9iBid32KUj4_S0C3_lvRb_VS18w0GzK0nReWSEd90bxiMjEdxO9Qd62byyZaFBScGD1Az-XClAD8HKdejtloZuj47JWnXMl9quYi7i42nFgL-iU79vDtDv33pTyBiHiT-MauBfv288oWDhYghCxL_5Pao2q9GrdAgTfKfjsukcgHK9ZXnXCWj6J2cWNyDKN_vnfnVVRu-ETRBcYW6uAxMd_iB0AbZHZvONyI6hArSRKPie-TEIJjkgkjcPhaFOWWFG-ANUMymtyHcyicHjQiEQbRYC5WaAoJvP7Br-IlxvSjDb8gPmKPvDOXBNIWJ91a7usUIMAJIAuwyueH5PJxvNt-Rk_vgbgd2tikTN2jI7TOmED5A2Yq4=w683-h512-no

JefeBo55

steviet_scg said:
E McK said:

There's a small chamber back underneath the approach to the hole with the ladder.

There was a dig at the bottom that descended probably 5m or so - but it's rather loose in places and a good deal of big rocks are seemingly held up by a combination of an Acrow and force of habit. The now accepted view (see trip report in the link) is that this dig is a pointless affair and if pursued would drop into Suicide Chamber.

http://butteredbadger.com/index.php/en/trip-reports/160-suicide-chamber-aptly-named

zTHOsyxTHf3Yq_Fk6SyRcAPz8SUqDJpLK0mxEJqt--m7twsPfma86Mhlvb5l4JM8fddE7HifY0OFSR5gG-VI_mhXBKDfI2id0dnQIEJdFKI1rup90JpPdAPUh7f5fSQvWp_q6oey8j0IFM-UfJoDnpliKq0z9AYhYulrEolXaMQJECpEzdt0mzy9DfzUN9K8Tvrj3McrJ1OB4FOhYzSFvrbATo5T_If3u1e6Qojxp5sABWdp2MXowaLzjffbcQHfTfNUMWgGgiOjUsAfSuUgFHqm6LNDnziAjoWPAHGUqPwMNOT9GVHA54At1c9c9QbGCTqW2l9oxzNekEBKwDta0O14QPRDiTebPyz9iBid32KUj4_S0C3_lvRb_VS18w0GzK0nReWSEd90bxiMjEdxO9Qd62byyZaFBScGD1Az-XClAD8HKdejtloZuj47JWnXMl9quYi7i42nFgL-iU79vDtDv33pTyBiHiT-MauBfv288oWDhYghCxL_5Pao2q9GrdAgTfKfjsukcgHK9ZXnXCWj6J2cWNyDKN_vnfnVVRu-ETRBcYW6uAxMd_iB0AbZHZvONyI6hArSRKPie-TEIJjkgkjcPhaFOWWFG-ANUMymtyHcyicHjQiEQbRYC5WaAoJvP7Br-IlxvSjDb8gPmKPvDOXBNIWJ91a7usUIMAJIAuwyueH5PJxvNt-Rk_vgbgd2tikTN2jI7TOmED5A2Yq4=w683-h512-no

Great knowledge. Thanks!