Parking in Ingleton

Edd

We had three cars parked in the Wheatsheaf pub car park on Saturday morning while we went to Inglesports/Bernies. We got ?40 fines for it.

There are now a signs up saying they'll do this. Consider parking somewhere else.

graham

Les W said:
Not sure the fines are enforceable in a private car park.

In which case there are many other ways of putting people off using your land. My favoured technique is to let someone's tyres down, but only half way. In doing that you inconvenience them mightily but don't do any damage.

Alex

Well as I said to Dave I for one will not have any drinks at the Wheatsheaf anymore if they want to be like that. I used to park there in the morning and come back in the evening for a drink or two. I will not be doing that any more thats for sure.

(I did not get fined as I saw the sign and parked on the hill further one).

ChrisJC

There is a reasonably priced public carpark in Ingleton if you can be arsed to walk......  (y)

Surely it's up to the Wheatsheaf how much they charge non-customers for their car-park. I'm sure there have been signs for ages.

Chris.

moorebooks

One of downsides of selling Bernies as a business and accommodation it doesn't have any parking for the owner  or customers on a busy day in Ingleton that can be more than a minor problem

Mike

dunc

There is a reasonably priced public carpark in Ingleton if you can be arsed to walk......
Why would I want to pay if I was only stopping for perhaps a few minutes. I'm just a caver, not a banker with excessive bonuses to spend.

Surely it's up to the Wheatsheaf how much they charge non-customers for their car-park. I'm sure there have been signs for ages.
Going off the price of drinks I thought they charged customers too!
And as for fines, bit petty when the pub doesn't open till midday? If you parked there in the afternoon I would understand the logic.

Cavegod

how can they enforce the fines?

anyway just park on the double yellows never seen a traffic warden in ingleton in 20+ years....

graham

Cavegod said:
how can they enforce the fines?

wheel_clamp_1377527c.jpg

paul

ChrisJC said:
There is a reasonably priced public carpark in Ingleton if you can be arsed to walk......  (y)

Chris.

I'll have to agree with you there. I think as it is a car park provided for the pub's customers and you can usually park somewhere along the main road (even if you have to walk a short distance - I have always found somewhere), or in the public car park then why shouldn't the pub prevent non-customers from parking in its own car park?