Announcing CHECC 2011

paperclipmonkey

Date; 25-27 November 2011
Location : Dalesbridge Centre, Clapham, LA2 8AZ (see www.dalesbridge.co.uk)
As last year we are running an early-bird ticket, so it?s ?20 to book before the end of October, and then ?25 after.

The booking form can be found at:
http://checc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bookingform2011.doc
Please fill out the form and send it back (with cheque).

As it?s the 10th anniversary we?re inviting any old students who?ve enjoyed CHECC in the past to come along and enjoy the party too. If your ex-members want to come can you add them to your list of attendees.

T-shirt competition

We?re running a competition to design the CHECC 2011 T-shirt. Whoever wins it will win a free t-shirt and entry to CHECC.
What we need is a picture (scanned or computer generated)to go on the front of the t-shirt before 31 October.

Competitions at CHECC

Please let your club members know about these competitions. Last years prizes included a helmet + light, oversuits, tacklebags, guidebooks, SRT equipment.

Freshers Literacy Prize ? A piece of writing on your first caving trip with your club.

Club Poster - A poster about how awesome your caving club is, what you?ve been up to, trips, socials etc. Max size A2

Newbies Photography Competition ? Maximum of 7 entries. For current students only who have not entered in previous years.

Club Pro Photography Competition ? Maximum of 7 entries. For club members who are no longer students or have entered Newbie competition in previous years.

Club Photo Competition ? One entry per club ? A photo to show us what you get up to as a club, this can be either caving or social events.

Other competitions during the weekend:

* SRT ? Assault course, Ladder Climb
  * Surveying ? survey a loop around the site. Equipment can be provided.
  * Knot tying ? Speed challenge using knots commonly used in rigging caves.
  * Pan & Sling ? A classic caving hut game involving team work, good balancing & dexterity skills.
  * Beer Pong ? Game involving good aim and lots of beer.
  * Squeeze Machine ? A competition to seek out the king/queen midget student caver.
  * Body Traversing ? Another classic caving club game

Other secret competitions will be announced nearer the time!!!

We look forward to seeing you in Yorkshire.

The CHECC committee

Alex

Its a pity this is for students only, although once I was a student my Uni did not have a caving club :(

maxb727

It does say:

paperclipmonkey said:
As it's the 10th anniversary we're inviting any old students who've enjoyed CHECC in the past to come along and enjoy the party too. If your ex-members want to come can you add them to your list of attendees.

So maybe you could go....

the blurb say ex-students who have been before, and ex-members, implying students who were members of uni caving clubs.

as an ex-student whose uni didnt have a caving club, and the mountaineering club, on visiting castleton, refused to let me visit any of the show caves, does that mean i am eligable or not? i think Alex may be in the same situation as me - his uni didnt have a caving club so he wasnt a student caver, he's just one of the most enthusiastic cavers i can think of

ian.p

if you have been involved in student caving/ know lots of student cavers/ realy want to come then just get in touch with somone from a uni club and get them to put you on there booking form. If you dont know any student cavers who can put you on a booking form then you might not get much out of the event anyway!
cheers
peachey