BCA website

Chris J

Currently the website is extremely poor, however I obviously appreciate that at the moment the members of the BCA have far more pressing issues than the website so this isn't supposed to be an attack on them.

Instead I want to ask the forums opinion about what the BCA site should have and what it's aims should be.

Should it simply be a place for contact details of BCA officers and the BCA constitution or do you think they should aim for something more?

Could the website have a role in disseminating information? Should the BCA try to create a useful resource for cavers?

One bold suggestion could be to unite some of the existing caver resources on the web under a BCA banner and give them some BCA funding?
For example sites such as cavesurveys.com and ukcaves.co.uk would benefit from BCA backing and funding and be useful for all cavers.

The reason I ask this is that here in Spain we have the website www.espeleo.com which is the site for the federation of speleology in Andalucia. This aims to be a total resource for cavers in this part of Spain and is excellent. I haven't seen inside the members section but this apparently has topography information and other precise details of caves, trips and exploration occuring.