A Blind Caver tackles Yordas Pot

Inferus

It's not often I'm impressed by some random video on YouTube, but there are exceptions... Just goes to show what can be achieved. Thanks for sharing  (y)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
One of the best posts I've seen on UKC. Inspiring.

Thank you for sharing, hopefully lots of cavers will watch this film  (y)

Fulk

Remarkable ? when I saw the heading about a blind caver tackling Yordas Pot, I guess I assumed that he'd abseil straight down the waterfall, but to do the traverse over the Chapter House is quite something (it's quite something for some fully-sighted individuals!).

Katie

Really impressive stuff! The solo diving he does sounds crazy! He must have a really complicated system to work out compression stops etc...

Rich West

What a splendid story and video -- inspirational.
Can I recommend an interesting book by an adventurous French  lady. It is "Climbing Blind" by Colette Richards. Despite the title - half of the book describes her adventures underground in the Pyrenees. Part one details her achievements in the Alps and has a forward by Maurice Herzog and the caving Preface is supplied by Norbert Casteret. The English edition was published by Hodder & Stoughton in 1966. Whilst not a classic of either mountain or cave literature it is well worth a read can be found without too much effort.