Any s-wales trips?

Alex

I know its too far away to tell, but it looks like next weekend is going to be another wet one up here!

So I am sick to death of the wet weather up north preventing me from going caving, (we have a month of constant wet weather now)
It is probably too late for me to sort out any permits/keys next weekend, but is there any trips I/me and a mate could get on next week if it does indeed turn out to be another complete washout up here? I figure until this mad weather stops (if it ever stops) I better start caving outside my region if I want to go underground. Just feeling the water as it were at the moment.

Alex

This is based on the presumption you have not had and are not going to have it anywhere near as bad as we have had.

Duncan S

Or there is always Mendip :)
Water levels yesterday were fairly low for this time of year and noticeably lower than a week ago.
We seem to have escaped just about all the heavy rain.

royfellows

Go and take a look at Dinas Silica Mine, all dry walking, only need boots.
The waterfalls should be spectacular for the walk up to the mine. If you take the surfaced track on the right looking at the rock, and when you get to where the remains of the incline ramp are, you can free climb up to the mine. But be careful there.

You will be right next to a waterfall, it should be spectacular.

http://www.naturalamenities.co.uk/