Rope Sponsor for expeditions

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Expedition rope on offer

If you need rope for your summer expedition Ukcaving may be able to help - especially if you are a young and hard up group.  We can offer up to three sponsor 'deals' of 300m of Fides 9mm SRT rope with a possible bonus of a further 200m to one lucky group.

wl

So how do you get hold of this rope?  Well... the more coverage your expedition gets the better it is for all your sponsors and cavers like to hear your expedition stories..... so you're going to have to blog about your expedition on ukcaving.  What does that mean?  To apply you will have to post on the expeditions board of the forum giving some history, details, hopes and objectives of your trip.  Our small panel of judges will then decide who will be successful and award your trip the rope (collectable from Ingleton area).  As part of the deal you will then give a commitment to blog about the trip on the same thread.  This must include as a minimum; a post before departure, two posts from the field and a good report upon your return.  Make it positive and fun (but not too much of the in jokes that no one else understands) and that will help with recruitment and sponsors next year.  Once the expeditions are all over our judges will choose who has made the best efforts to inform and entertain the caving public and award a final 200m of rope to one of the expeditions for future use.

Any questions, especially about eligibility, please contact me by PM.

Tommy

Is this strictly for expeditions or could it be used on holidays involving long caving trips and canyoning too?
We are in the 'holiday' phase of our summer trip cycle this year.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Some great sounding trips so far.  I'm setting a closing date for applications of midnight on 5th June.  I'll let you know the outcome very soon after.

Topimo - just expeditions at the moment I'm afraid, maybe next year.

Tommy

Badlad said:
Some great sounding trips so far.  I'm setting a closing date for applications of midnight on 5th June.  I'll let you know the outcome very soon after.

Topimo - just expeditions at the moment I'm afraid, maybe next year.

No problem, cheers! And thanks for keeping the ongoing goodie conveyor belt running :)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Only a few days left to enter  :eek:  Going on expedition this Summer? Know someone who is? Need free rope for the trip??

If 'yes' then best get entering..... ;)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmation - The successful applicants for rope sponsorship are;

JSPDT/ICCC Slovenia Expedition

Treviso 2017

CUCC Loser Plateau, Austria

Dachstein Austria

In the end we could not choose three.  All the above will receive 300m x 9mm SRT rope purchased by UKcaving from our good friends at Spanset.  In return, each expedition will inform us all about their expeditions via the forum. The expedition who does the best job will receive a further 200m for a future trip.  These are all fantastic summer projects so the very best of luck to you all.

I just need to cut the rope to length and then it is ready to pick up from Ingleton area.  Please get in touch by PM to arrange.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to choose the winner of the final 200m of rope soon.  I expect Dachstein is the only one left to report.  I hear whispers of exciting discoveries out there  ;)

Final closing date midnight Monday 25th September.  Winner can collect rope from Hidden Earth or Ingleton area.

Great work by all expeditions keeping us informed with some great stories  (y)

We hope to run similar sponsorship next summer.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
The Winner is....

CUCC Loser Plateau, Austria

Well done to all.  We loved reading about all your summer expos and hope the small exposure on here will also help with future recruitment and sponsorship.  We plan to run something similar next year.  Out of interest I've listed below the number of views each expedition thread received,

Slovenia    1329
Tresviso      1399
Dachstein    1866
Loser          2775

The winner can collect from Hidden Earth or Ingleton area.