Hidden Earth 2020 Cancelled

GarDouth

Administrator
Due to the ongoing uncertainties regarding the government's Covid-19 lockdown exit plans, we have taken the decision to cancel Hidden Earth for this year. It was felt by the team that a lot of effort may be put in by volunteers only to have it either cancelled at the last moment or a very muted event due to social distancing.

We'll be back in 2021! So start working on those expedition plans and consider giving a lecture next year.

As soon as we're able to get back underground, get those cameras out and take some great photos and videos to show in the salons and lets make 2021 a bumper year!

You can watch lots of past videos on the Hidden Earth Video Archive on YouTube so take a look and get some inspiration for your project... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRIbxKeJFwalehHu5cX5QA

Stay safe 🏳??🌈

Speleotron

Probably for the best, no point doing all the word for half an event (or even nothing, I can't see the UK being out of this for a very long time).

JoshW

I know several people within the HE organisation are also heavily involved in BCA and so might be a bit busy for that.

But is there the possibility that the video/photo/art salons could run remotely?

GarDouth

Administrator
JoshW said:
I know several people within the HE organisation are also heavily involved in BCA and so might be a bit busy for that.

But is there the possibility that the video/photo/art salons could run remotely?

It has been discussed but the feeling was that it would be better to save, particularly videos, until 2021 as there are not many submissions in a normal year. Photos and art are possible however there is often a reluctance to make work available online. We're still talking about possible options for something virtual.

JoshW

GarDouth said:
JoshW said:

It has been discussed but the feeling was that it would be better to save, particularly videos, until 2021 as there are not many submissions in a normal year. Photos and art are possible however there is often a reluctance to make work available online. We're still talking about possible options for something virtual.

Fair answer on both, roll on 2021, maybe we'll have all had a chance to go caving by September 2021

mikem

Got to love the fact that the wording shows it on home page as being cancelled by whoever replied most recently...